An Italian~Indian Fusion! Pesto came into my life a few years ago, when I first had it on a pizza in a restaurant. I took to it so well that it became a favourite of mine and I have made various versions of it at home.
Now I felt I had to experiment! I love flat breads so I came up with this infused bread with pesto and Indian flavours. You can really taste the pesto coming through and I used coriander instead of basil to enhance the Indian aspect!
I love eating them by themselves as the mature cheese is sooo good in it or you can dip it in a healthy dip or even pesto of your choice!
It is a must try! I hope you enjoy it! For now the sun is shining and it is getting warmer here, so more spring recipes coming up soon! Have a peaceful day, much love D x
1 medium white onion
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp sunflower oil
50g grated mature cheddar cheese
Big handful of fresh coriander
200g chapati flour
½ tsp salt or to taste
⅓ tsp turmeric powder
1½ tsp coriander & cumin powder
½ tsp red chilli powder
Boiling water to combine
• In a food processor blitz the onion, garlic, coriander, cheese and coriander with the oil into a pesto blend like consistency
• Add the flour and seasoning plus spices. Whizz until the flour absorbs all the coriander pesto. It will look like breadcrumbs at this stage
• Gradually add boiling water until the breadcrumbs start to form a dough as it mixes. The dough should be soft and not too wet
• Preheat a non stick frying pan on a medium heat. Take a tablespoon of dough form into a ball and roll out to 7-8 cm diameter on a clean floured surface
• Place in the pan, wait for a minute or so. Once it bubbles up turn round, cook for a couple of minutes and flip again so that both sides are cooked through
• Serve with any dip of your choice