I have seen cauliflower crust pizzas online so many times and have always been intrigued. So this week I decided to see what the excitement was about!
After making it! I see why this new gluten free type of pizza has really taken off. Once again easy to make and a very cheeky sneaky way to get children and adults alike to eat extra vegetables. Perfect for those who have a gluten free diet! This was my first attempt so I didn’t go all out on the pizza topping and stuck to the classic Margherita. Now that it worked well, I shall be experimenting with all sorts of funky toppings!
I hope you give this a go! It’s well worth it! Have a stunning day!
1 large cauliflower head
1 Free range egg
1 tbsp olive oil
¼ tsp salt
½ cup grated mature cheddar cheese
Tomato pizza sauce
100-150g tomato passata
1 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic minced
⅓ tsp dried oregano
salt to taste
Grated Mozzarella or Cheddar cheese
• Preheat oven to 200°c, line and grease a large pizza tray
• In a food processor blitz the head of the cauliflower into a grainy paste. Transfer into a large bowl and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes.
• Wait for the softened and cooked cauliflower to cool a little. Mix in the egg
Season with the salt and add the cheese. Combine well
• Tip out the cauliflower mixture onto the greased pizza tray and press down firmly to make a large pizza base. About 1cm in thickness
• Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until the base is golden brown
• Once cauliflower base is ready, spread on thr pizza sauce, throw in the cheese and place back into the oven for a further 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted
Gently slice up the pizza and leave to cool a little. Slowly transfer the slices onto a plate as the base is very soft and crumbly