Thailand! One place I know I want to visit. It’s as if it has been calling me to come over for a very long time! I am extremely drawn to it and one day soon, I hope to go to this beautiful land with my family.
We are very lucky here in the UK as we have so many different types of restaurants and even more fortunate to have some gorgeous Thai restaurants too. I love the culture, the ambience and the food.
So I wanted to share my green thai curry recipe with you all to enjoy. I made it at the weekend as a belated Valentine’s meal for my husband and I. For now this will keep me going until I get to Thailand!
1 large courgette sliced into half slices
1 red bell pepper diced
1 packet mange tout
1 packet baby sweetcorn
Frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrots
1 tbsp sunflower oil
2½-3 tbsp green thai curry paste
Salt to taste
400ml coconut milk
1 tbsp cornflour if required
lime juice to taste
Lime to garnish
• Heat up the oil in a large saucepan. Stir fry the courgette, pepper, mange tout and baby sweetcorn. Cook for a few minutes on a medium heat
• Add the paste and stir through, season with salt and cook on a low heat for a further 5-7 minutes
• Pour in the coconut milk, combine well, if the curry sauce is too thin stir in some cornflour
• Let the curry simmer slowly for 15-20 minutes until the veg has become tender and absorbed the flavours
• Squeeze in a little lime juice at the end and serve on a bed of white fluffy rice