Just in time for the World Cup!! Time for burgers, chunky chips, chilli sauce and cold, cold beers!!! Yay!
Nando’s here has become a household name and everyone is crazy for its food. Such spices and tang and succulent meals keep us going back for more. My 3 year old boy is no exception! To the point where he chose to have Nando’s style peri peri chips and burgers for his family birthday party! Though known for it’s grilled chicken, we opted for the veggie bean burgers, soya burgers and most importantly his favourite Spicy Peri-Peri Chips
I made my own version of the famous garlic Nando’s hot sauce, that had my younger brother frazzled as how I captured this taste! Which I shall reveal to you all shortly.
I wrote down all orders and how all my family members wanted their burger/pitta combination meal including cheese and pineapple which I always add to mine! Tastes soooo good! Even a peri peri mayonnaise was whipped up on request of my brother!
So first the Garlic peri peri sauce
2 tbsp sunflower oil
2 tbsp plain flour
1 tbsp red chilli powder
½ tbsp smoked paprika
½ tsp garlic granules/powder
1-2 tbsp tomato ketchup
¼ tsp dried oregano leaves
⅓ tsp salt
2 cup hot vegetable stock
• In a medium saucepan heat the oil a little and then add the flour, cook and stir on a low heat for 2 minutes
• Throw in all the other spices and seasoning and combine well
• Slowly pour in a little hot stock a little at a time, whilst whisking continuously
• Once all the stock has been added simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, half way through stir in the tomato ketchup
• The sauce will become a thick consisting whilst it cools down so you may need to thin it out with a little water before serving
2 tbsp light mayonnaise
½ tsp garlic granules
½ tsp smoked paprika
squeeze of lemon juice
• Mix all the ingredients together and chill until ready to serve along your burgers and chips