A hearty, robust vegetable pasta sauce where no vegetables are in sight! Excellent for the fussy toddler or child that loves pasta with comforting tomato sauce. The hidden vegetable component in this sauce makes life easier for you and your children. It’s a win-win situation, where you are providing them with their vegetable intake and they are simply getting their lovely tomato pasta sauce and penne!
So very tasty and good for you! My little ones devoured this and wanted more. I hope your precious stars enjoy it as much as mine did!
Have a beautiful weekend! Much love D x
1 large courgette
2 sticks celery
3 garlic cloves
1 tbsp olive oil
400g tomato passata
1 vegetable stock cube
½ tsp dried oregano
⅓ tsp garlic granules
Salt to taste
⅓ tsp sugar
Pre cooked penne (al dente)
• Place all the vegetables with the garlic in a food processor and blitz into a fine paste
• Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan with the dried oregano
• Stir in the paste and cook for 5-7 minutes on a low simmer
• Pour in the passata, crumble in the stock cube and add the garlic granules and sugar. Stir well and simmer on a low heat for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally
• Serve with the penne that will seep the sauce into the shells and grate over some cheddar cheese!