Have a beautiful day friends…Much love, D x
Have a blissful and wonderful Wednesday friends…
Much love, D x
(Picture taken by H.Makani)
I like radishes being sprinkled with salt and then being dipped in a little butter. I once saw them being served in this way on a cooking programme. Then yesterday, I had this thought in my mind as to roasting them. I’ve never roasted radishes before, but after doing so realised they make a wonderful side dish.
What makes this dish, is the brown butter sauce that seeps into the white pores of the radishes and is released gently when bitten into. I know I will be making these again for sure. Especially on Sunday’s with our veggie roast!
Such a great colour, comforting warm taste and butter!…just love it! Watch out for my Fab 4 tomorrow…I’m so excited!!!
Have a beautiful day, Much love D x
1 bunch of red radishes
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt to taste
2 thin slabs of unsalted butter
Dried coriander leaves
• Preheat the oven to 190°c. Chop the green tops off the radishes and slice thickly lengthwise
• Place in a lined baking tray, sprinkle some salt and massage in the olive oil
• Roast for 20-25 minutes until radishes are tender
• Meanwhile in a thick skillet pan, melt the butter on a low heat and stir
The butter will start foaming
Brown speckles will appear quite quickly, once you see this the butter is ready. Take off the heat and set aside
• Once the radishes are roasted, place in a serving bowl. Pour over the brown butter sauce and delicately flutter dried coriander leaves on top to garnish