A hint of Spring is in the air!
Can’t wait for more pink to appear x
Treat yourself today! Enjoy! Much love D x
I’ve never attempted meringues but had some left over egg whites so I couldn’t resist! I wanted them to remain sticky and gooey! Which I think I have achieved! Yay!
In my recipe I have lessened the amount of sugar as it is replaced with some sweetness from the milk chocolate!
The cocoa gives it a sense of maltiness when combined with the cooked egg whites! A real sweet treat to end your meal on a sugaring high!
For my first attempt they were lovely in texture and flavour! Though I feel I need to shape them better next time. More varieties will make an appearance I’m sure!
90-100g caster sugar
5 medium egg whites
pinch of salt
50mg grated milk chocolate
½ tbsp cocoa powder
• Preheat oven to 140 degrees celsius and line two baking trays with greaseproof paper
• Whisk egg whites in a large mixing bowl either with an electric whisk or by hand
until the egg whites turn into stiff peaks
• Slowly add the sugar a tablespoon at a time and whisk gently
• Fold in the cocoa powder and grated chocolate
• Using a metal spoon dollop to a rough round on to the baking tray. Working quickly as not to lose the air that has been built up in the meringue mixture
• Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, the outside shell will be crisp. Turn off the oven and leave them in the oven with it ajar to cool
I woke up really really early this morning and decided to do my weekly manicure. I had to add glitter because of the christmas feel and seeing golden baubles everywhere! So now my nails are sporting the festive look!