Even though I have been baking alot I’m still trying to lose a little baby weight! For that reason I have no chocolate or cocoa products in our home, and yesterday I had a major craving!
I saw my 2½ year old playing with some ice lolly moulds and pretending he was eating ice cream. That’s when the bulb in my head lit up! Lol
I now fancied chocolate ice cream and my number one choice of gelato has to be sweet tender creamy coconut, so this is how these lollies were conceived!
I’ve made the recipe in proportion to the my ice lolly moulds, which are quite small. If your moulds are larger please adjust accordingly and remember to taste before freezing them to give you the desired sweetness before it is frozen
Once again you can alter the amount of sugar and cocoa if you are making these yummy lollies for your children!
300ml milk full fat
50g caster sugar
1½ tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp desiccated coconut
1 tbsp cornflour
½ tsp vanilla extract
Extra desiccated coconut
• In a small saucepan heat the milk, sugar, cornflour and cocoa powder
Simmer on a low heat and stir with a whisk until velvety thick. Keep whisking for a couple more minutes
• The chocolate mix will start to resemble a thick chocolate pudding sauce
• Take off the heat and stir in the butter and vanilla extract
• Transfer over to a heat proof bowl, chill the chocolate mix in the fridge for 10 minutes
• Mix in the 2 tablespoons of desiccated coconut and combine well
• Put 1 teaspoon in the bottom of each moulds with a few drops of water, next spoon in the chocolate coconut mix
• Put the sticks in and place the lollies in the freezer for a few hours. Over night is better!