Stuffed aloo paratha, everyone loves them! But they can be fussy to make and to encase the potato masala stuffing can take time and can get messy. So, how about I make it extremely easy for you all my friends!
I decided to combine the potato masala with the chapati flour to form a gorgeous soft dough. You don’t even need any water or milk to bring the dough together as this comes from the moisture of the boiled potato. Normally you don’t have cheese in a classic aloo paratha but this is… “My aloo paratha” and “cheese” will have to be involved somewhere lol!
I found the flavour to be mild and the mature cheese really adds an edge. If you are wanting more heat through the paratha, feel free to put some freshly ground chilli and a little ginger for warmth.
Have a warming and wonderful Wednesday! Much love D x
4 medium white potatoes chopped
200g mature cheddar cheese(low fat)
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp salt or to taste
¼ tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp ground coriander & cumin
⅓ tsp chilli/cayenne powder
2 cups chapati flour
Chapati flour for rolling
• Boil the potatoes with skin on til tender, approximately 10 minutes
• Grate the potato and cheese together in a food processor, empty out into a large mixing bowl
• Throw in the seasoning, spices and butter. Add the flour gradually. Using your hands with a tbsp of oil bring the dough together gently. Knead and keep dough in a ball for 5 minutes
• Chill dough in the fridge for at least half an hour to 1 hour
• Preheat a small non stick frying pan on a medium heat. Take about 1½ tbsp of the soft dough, pat into a disk and roll into some flour
• On a clean surface either pat down by hand to make a 6cm diameter paratha or use a rolling pin. Keep dusting with flour to avoid sticking
• Place the uncooked paratha into the frying pan, wait for a minute or so until it starts to bobble. Turn over using a spatula and spoon a little oil on this side. Wait fora minute or so again and turn. Spoon little oil on this side too
• Once both sides are golden brown..take off the heat and serve hot with some refreshing cucumber & coriander raita