First of my two treats! Well three really..If you count breakfast that was made for me too!
Raspberry, vanilla and chocolate macarons! My husband ordered them for me and they were a present from my youngest baby!
We all had one! And OMG!!! They are divine…sweet, crispy, gooey and incredibly tasty and flavourful!
Especially the raspberry one, with a tangy seeded raspberry jam running through it…ummmm!!!
Breakfast this morning was delicious…made and assembled by my husband on behalf of my two sons!
Potato waffle, vegetarian Mediterranean sausages, roasted seasoned courgette slices and juicy cherry tomatoes…Not forgetting the soft fried egg…
To top it off…The box set of Grey’s Anatomy! I’ll be drooling over Mc Dreamy anytime I want now! Soooo very happy!
Thank you boys and lovely husband for these special treats. You really have one happy Mum on Mother’s Day! Love you x
Corn..gette (corn & courgette) Cheddar cheese fluffy fritters so easy to make! Delicious hot or cold and are ideal for a picnic as can be pre-prepared.
1 large courgette grated
165g drained can of sweet corn
125g grated cheddar cheese
1 clove of garlic crushed
1/2 red chilli sliced
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp paprika
1/2 tbsp melted butter
1 large egg whisked
125g self raising flour
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
200 ml milk
Pinch of pepper
Olive oil to fry
1. Mix flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt, paprika and pepper together
2. Add the courgette, sweetcorn, cheese, garlic and chilli
3. Pour in the milk slowly and combine well. Lastly stir in the melted butter
4. Heat a teaspoon of oil in a small non stick frying pan. Once hot place a ladle full of fritter mixture into the pan on a slow to medium heat, approximately 10 cm in diameter
5. Cook on both sides till golden,can take up to 4 minutes. Add oil each time you make another fritter if needed
6. Serve with some whole grain mustard to give extra bite