I have a wonderful soup maker gifted from Tefal but I fail to use it regularly. I love clear soups with chunky vegetables happily floating away in a tasty seasoned broth.
I feel SO satisfied after having a bowl or two and am now absolutely adamant to make more soup for myself! This is a very simple recipe I put together today. I used my soup maker machine but it can be cooked all in a saucepan as a one pot soup dish.
I hope you enjoy this spring time soup. Here’s to more soups being made!
8-10 baby sweetcorn chopped
1 small onion chopped
1 tomato chopped
2 celery sticks sliced
1 litre water
2 cubes vegetable stock
2 handfuls of small pasta shells
Salt to season
Garlic and chilli granules optional
Place all the ingredients into a soup maker or in a saucepan on a medium heat to simmer. Cook through until soft.
Serve with a little grated cheddar on top and some fresh bread
Corn..gette (corn & courgette) Cheddar cheese fluffy fritters so easy to make! Delicious hot or cold and are ideal for a picnic as can be pre-prepared.
1 large courgette grated
165g drained can of sweet corn
125g grated cheddar cheese
1 clove of garlic crushed
1/2 red chilli sliced
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp paprika
1/2 tbsp melted butter
1 large egg whisked
125g self raising flour
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
200 ml milk
Pinch of pepper
Olive oil to fry
1. Mix flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt, paprika and pepper together
2. Add the courgette, sweetcorn, cheese, garlic and chilli
3. Pour in the milk slowly and combine well. Lastly stir in the melted butter
4. Heat a teaspoon of oil in a small non stick frying pan. Once hot place a ladle full of fritter mixture into the pan on a slow to medium heat, approximately 10 cm in diameter
5. Cook on both sides till golden,can take up to 4 minutes. Add oil each time you make another fritter if needed
6. Serve with some whole grain mustard to give extra bite