Sunday morning ~ time to have a lie in? Nope! Not in this household. We were up at the crack of dawn and hungry. Time for pancakes to give us a much needed sugar rush, well more me as the children are always raring to go! A soft fluffy treat to brighten up our say and satisfy our empty tummies!
I incorporated cocoa in my scotch pancake recipe so that the kids get a chocolatey taste. I however couldn’t resist more chocolate on mine! Also have done the recipe in tbsp and cup measurements so makes it quick and easy to get these yummy pancakes on.
Have a super Sunday! And enjoy! Much love D x
5 tbsp plain flour
2½ tbsp granulated sugar
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 free range egg lightly beaten
⅔ cup milk
Sunflower oil for shallow frying
• Combine all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl
• Add the egg and pour in the milk and whisk well, making sure the batter is all light and creamy
• Heat a little oil in a non stick frying pan and once hot pour in a small ladleful on a low to medium heat
• Once bubbles start to appear and flip the pancake over with a spatula
• Cook til golden brown on both sides and serve with a topping of your choice
My favourite topping for these cocoa pancakes was lots of chocolate nutella spread with fresh sweet blueberries