This is the first time I have experimented in making up my very own brownie recipe and I must admit it worked out well! When I follow certain recipes I never get the end result I want so I thought I would figure it out for myself! I was very happy with the result! So heres to more experimenting!
In this brownie you will also get a fiery hint of mint with the velvety chocolate texture that will allure your tongue for more! I’ve cut them into mini squares as they are very decadent and rich, eating a couple will be plenty and this way there is more to go round!!!
I’m bringing them along to Angie’s Fiesta Friday Party..where we all meet up and share our gorgeous food! I hope you all have a sweet tooth today…See you there! Much love D x
200g plain chocolate 70% cocoa solids
200ml single cream
20g fresh mint finely chopped
100g unsalted butter
1tsp vanilla extract
90g soft brown sugar
70g white caster sugar
3 free range eggs
85g plain flour
2 tbsp cocoa
Pinch of salt
• Melt the butter and chocolate in a medium non stick saucepan on a low heats. Then stir in the mint and cream turn off the heat and leave aside to cool
• Whisk the eggs and sugar until well combined, stir in the vanilla extract. Poor in the chocolate and cream mix once cooled. Fold in the flour, cocoa and salt using a figure of eight technique as not to knock the air out of the batter
• Grease and line a small square or rectangular deep baking dish. Slowly pour out the batter into the dish and place in a preheated oven at 160°c fan/180°c gas.
Bake for 30-35 minutes.
• Make sure that you take the brownie dish out as soon as the wobble in the middle of the cooked brownie goes! This is to ensure a squidgy and moist brownie!
• Leave for 10 minutes in the dish and then take out place on a cutting board and gently cut into mini squares and enjoy!