I have had this fusion risotto running through my mind for quite a while now. Yesterday I had all the ingredients I needed, so “hey presto!” it was created, made and devoured very fast.
A Mexican base with sweet, earthy notes of red pepper and a sour lift from the lime. Only then to top it off with some Feta cheese, for that Greek influence.
Oh my friends…you have to try this and tell me how it goes..Have a wonderful Wednesday and enjoy. Much love D x
1 red bell pepper diced
2 garlic cloves minced
1 tbsp olive oil
1½ cup arborio rice
1 litre vegetable stock
Salt to taste
Juice of half a lime
Feta cheese crumbled
● Heat the oil in a large non stick saucepan on a medium heat. Sauté the pepper for a couple of minutes and throw in the rice. Mix and cover each grain in the oil
● Start pouring a ladle of vegetable stock one at a time into the rice mix. Keep stirring on a low to medium heat
● Once the stock is absorbed add another ladle full into the saucepan. Continuously mixing
● This should go on until the rice becomes tender and soft and the risotto creamy
● Season with salt and stir in the lime juice. Serve with a topping of crumbled feta cheese