I always have my pancakes with sugar and lemon. Well I would! Wouldn’t I? As my love affair with lemons continue! lol
This time I went savoury and spread lush layers of fresh cream cheese with chives and sweet cherry tomatoes. The pancakes themselves also appeared to have a party in the pan as they rose and puffed up whilst I was cooking them!
Such a quick and easy recipe to remember and the addition of melted butter really gives the pancakes a slight richness before we are to fill the pancakes with even yummier things!
I also had a pomelo grapefruit salad with the pancakes which was a delightful combination of fruit, cheese and chilli! Sweet, salty, sour and hot in one mouthful! Extraordinary! Will be making this again!
1 cup plain flour
1 cup milk
2 free range eggs
1 tbsp melted butter
Pinch of salt
A little cold water
• Throw in all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl apart from the butter and water
• Whisk until smooth, pour in the melted butter, whisk to combine and add a few tablespoons of water to thin the batter a little
• Preheat a small non stock frying pan with a little oil on a low to medium heat Gently place a ladle of batter into the pan and swirl around to cover the pan surface and thin the pancake out
• Flip the pancake as it starts to come away from the sides, turn over to cook both sides until golden brown with speckles
• Use any filling of your choice, sweet or savoury, or both!!
I had mine with low fat cream cheese with chives and cherry tomatoes
Pomelo Side Salad
Pomelo segmented without skin
Cherry tomatoes halved
Chilli seed mix
Grated Cheddar cheese