My Dad’s favourite vegetables are mostly all the greens. He makes a lemony courgette side dish which I have made here for the blog before. I have learnt alot from my Dad and to this day am still learning.
My parents came round for a visit yesterday morning so I thought I would surprise them by making them a green quinoa salad. With all the ingredients in my fridge that my Dad loves, I thought it was the perfect time to make it! Along with the quinoa I decided to make some spicy roasted chickpeas that I know he has been making and enjoying after seeing my post a few months back!
All in all, a lovely brunch treat! So healthy and guilt free but tastes great!
1 medium courgette diced
1 green bell pepper diced
1 garlic clove sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup frozen soya beans
pinch of red chilli flakes
⅓ tsp salt
½ vegetable stock cube
1 tsp coriander & cumin powder
3 tbsp hot water
Lemon to taste
2 cups pre cooked quinoa
• Heat the oil in a medium saucepan with the garlic and chilli flakes on a medium heat. Once the oil is hot stir fry the pepper for a few minutes
• Throw in the courgette, season with salt, coriander and cumin powder and crumble in the stock cube. Add the water and mix well
• Cover and cook the vegetable for 5 minutes on a low heat. Next add the soya beans, combine and cook and cover for a further 8-10 minutes
• By this time the courgette will have become soft and absorbed all the flavour
• In a large bowl mix the pre cooked quinoa and vegetables together with the juices released from the vegetables too. This makes for a lovely dressing
• Serve on its own or with some spicy roasted chickpeas to give you a crunchy texture along with the soft quinoa