Cheese and tomato for me is totally a heavenly combination. I could just chomp on chunks of mature cheddar and juicy succulent tomatoes!
No wonder I fancied it yesterday again!
I saw a light wholegrain roll sitting there on the kitchen top, with my clean frying pan fresh out of the dishwasher, only one thing came to mind! I pictured a grilled cheese roll and with the abundance of cherry tomatoes I had recently bought, I was so not going to pass up the chance to have this gorgeous lunch!
It took not even 10 minutes before I had this grilled thing of beauty in my hands. But the only thing I regret is not having another roll to devour a second. Rolls are on my shopping list! I must not forget!
INGREDIENTS For one
1 soft roll white/wholegrain
Mature cheddar thin slices
4 cherry tomatoes halved
• Slice the roll in half. Spread butter lightly on one side and mayonnaise lightly on the other
• Layer some cheese on one side of the base of the roll and place tomatoes on top and sprinkle oregano
• Cover and bring the roll together
• Heat up the frying pan on a medium heat. Spread a little butter on the filled roll.
Carefully place into the frying pan so that it toasts up
• Flip over holding the roll and its contents in place. Once toasted on both sides, layer some more slices of cheese on top of the roll and press firmly
• Place the toasted roll in tne grill on a medium heat. Take out after a few minutes or until the top cheese coating has melted