All I wanted last night was eggs in a tortilla wrap! I’m wanting more protein at the minute and this extremely cheesy, beany and eggy combo hit the spot!
I was lucky to have some of my leftover kidney bean curry which I used, which gave this quesadilla a more Indian feel too. You can just spice up some kidney beans or buy them already seasoned if you wish.
The only thing I didn’t have was fresh coriander so had no choice but to use the dry version. But please if you like coriander then to add a good tablespoon of finely chopped fresh coriander. I will be making sure I have some next time!
I had this dish for dinner but it is so versatile that it is traditionally eaten for breakfast! You could even roll them up and have them for brunch too!
2 free range eggs
⅓ tsp coriander leaves
¼ tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp cumin powder
Salt to taste
½ tbsp olive oil
2 large tortillas
Grated mature cheddar cheese
Spicy Kidney beans
• Lightly beat the eggs in a medium bowl, add in all the other spices and seasoning. Whisk well with a fork
• Heat the oil in a non stick frying pan, pour in the egg mixture into the pan on a low to medium heat
• Let the egg set and then flip, cook until both sides are golden brown
• Sprinkle some cheese onto the omelette and place one tortilla firmly onto the cheese, hold the omelette and tortilla and flip. Do the same thing on the other side
• Add the cheese plus spoon some kidney beans and cover with a tortilla
• Cook on both sides and hold firmly in place to flip the whole quesadilla
• Once crispy and golden, slice into quarters and serve with a juice tomato salsa and more grated cheese