I had bought some mini baby potatoes that are good for boiling or steaming but my love of roasted/jacket potatoes got in the way! And rightly so! The outcome was gooooood! I didn’t want to peel them and roast them in the usual way but instead wanted to serve them as mini mini jacket potatoes with a crisp skin, that I just adore!
Again such a versatile ingredient and so cute and small that there was no need to parboil them. Just straightforward oil, garlic and herb coating and roast til perfection.
I also made hasselback potatoes but this time a healthier version with olive oil and not butter. We enjoyed both types with mature Cheddar cheese omelettes and freshly boiled veg! Superb comfort food for a cold Saturday evening!
500g mini baby potatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
3 garlic cloves
1 tsp dried oregano
salt to taste
• Preheat oven to 190°c and pour the oil into a baking tray lined with foil, place in the oven to warm the oil through
• Meanwhile prep by scrubbing the potatoes and pierce each of them
• Take the baking tray out of the oven, add the oregano and crushed garlic, mix into the oil
• Gently place in all the mini potatoes, sprinkle salt all over them and massage the oil into the skins with the herbs and garlic too
• Roast in the oven for 40-50 minutes until the potatoes are nice and crispy and golden on the outside and super fluffy on the inside
Thank you xxx
Carb heaven! Yummmy
Thank you Anita! Carb heaven indeed! But I tried to balance it out with a little protein from the omelette and vitamins from the veg lol! 🙂
Lovely. … look forward to trying these soon. 🙂
Thank you very much Aruna! Hope you’re well. I’m glad you like them. Have a beautiful day x
These look so delicious..:) I must try this soon!
Thank you so much! Do let me know when you do! I always love getting feedback. Have a lovely Sunday x
Simple and full of flavor, thank you for sharing!
Thank you Haley! 🙂
love these babies….
Awesome thanks Ramya x
Yeyyyyyyy!!! My favorite appetizer/snack or whatever you tag it as 😛 Superb….
Thank you! I can blog this one for you…As you like it? Xxx
Ummm a bit tough… ‘Coz I prefer to have fresh entry for tat series, which can be posted on ur space on d same day or later on with a backlink to my space! Sorries sweetie…
No that’s cool xxxx will do x
Hi Shruti… I’ve sent through my guest post on your email. Please check and let me know you’ve received it when you can x
Yum! These sound incredible! 🙂