I had bought some mini baby potatoes that are good for boiling or steaming but my love of roasted/jacket potatoes got in the way! And rightly so! The outcome was gooooood! I didn’t want to peel them and roast them in the usual way but instead wanted to serve them as mini mini jacket potatoes with a crisp skin, that I just adore!
Again such a versatile ingredient and so cute and small that there was no need to parboil them. Just straightforward oil, garlic and herb coating and roast til perfection.
I also made hasselback potatoes but this time a healthier version with olive oil and not butter. We enjoyed both types with mature Cheddar cheese omelettes and freshly boiled veg! Superb comfort food for a cold Saturday evening!
500g mini baby potatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
3 garlic cloves
1 tsp dried oregano
salt to taste
• Preheat oven to 190°c and pour the oil into a baking tray lined with foil, place in the oven to warm the oil through
• Meanwhile prep by scrubbing the potatoes and pierce each of them
• Take the baking tray out of the oven, add the oregano and crushed garlic, mix into the oil
• Gently place in all the mini potatoes, sprinkle salt all over them and massage the oil into the skins with the herbs and garlic too
• Roast in the oven for 40-50 minutes until the potatoes are nice and crispy and golden on the outside and super fluffy on the inside