Ok, so we are 4 days into the new year and the baking has already begun. On request of my eldest, might I add! who wanted some cookies and I only had a bite! See I’m trying to be good! As I sit here chomping on a chocolate spread sandwich lol!
We made them yesterday, especially for some dear family friends of mine. A family that lived a few doors away from me when I was young and where I spent most of my afternoons after school.
I’ve known the not so little ones anymore since they were tiny. I loved to play with the children and if I was sitting in my bedroom doing my homework, they would both be standing on their swings and calling out for me to come over! I see that sweet image so vividly still x
It’s no surprise that both my babies have taken to them and love them as much as I do! I’m sure to share more stories, including my aunt’s food which I loved eating and still can remember fondly!
We had my Mexican lime, courgette and pepper risotto for lunch and it went down a treat
It’s my time to now call them over to eat with us as my brothers and I were always having dinner round theres!
75g unsalted butter room temperature
65g dark brown muscovado sugar
1 free range egg
120g self raising flour
1 tsp golden/maple syrup
½ tbsp sunflower oil
40g white chocolate buttons or chunks
35g unsweetened desiccated coconut
• Preheat the oven to 180°c/350°f. Lightly grease a baking sheet
• Cream butter and sugar together in a mixer for a few minutes on a slow speed
• Add in the egg and mix for 2 minutes
• Sift flour in and combine until all comes together, stir in the oil and then the syrup
• Fold in the chocolate and coconut
• Take half tablespoon dollops of the cookie dough and place on the baking sheet. Keep a little distance between the cookie mixture as they will spread once baked
• Bake for 10-15 minutes until nice and golden. The cookies will be soft so cool on the baking sheet