Coming from a family of foodies, it is not surprising that I am truly influenced by them and their cooking style! We have always ventured out in vegetarian cooking and tried new things. Here my dad and brother took the lead at our Christmas get together. My Dad’s favourite root vegetable cassava was used and both came up with fantastic dishes and tastes.
If you like your cassava/mogo then here are 2 extremely simple ways to prepare it! Both healthy! But one extremely spicy version from my Dad that I don’t think any of us will ever forget in our life times lol!
and another mild version to suit all by my brother!
First my Dad’s Hot & Spicy Schezwan Cassava Recipe
• Steam a packet of frozen cassava until soft and tender
• Preheat the oven to 200°c, and lightly grease an oven tray
• Lay out the cassava pieces on the tray, sprinkle some salt
• Add 2-3 tablespoons of Schezwan sauce. Coat all pieces well
• Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes and then serve on it’s own for ultimate heat or with a cooling yoghurt dip
My Brother’s Baked Bite size Garlic Mogo (cassava)
• Steam the frozen cassava until tender and soft
• Slice into bite size chunks
• Sprinkle ‘so juicy garlic mix onto the cassava. Pour a little olive oil to add moisture, combine thoroughly
• Put the seasoned cassava into the cook and bake bag and bake on 180°c in the oven for 25 minutes
• Season with salt and a dash of fresh lime juice
Enjoy! Perfect party food for your New Year’s Eve Party! Woooo hoooo!!!