My husband has decided that as WE are approching Christmas, our diet is going to be put on hold. Well HE has decided that! Lol! He says he doesn’t want to miss out on the goodies I shall be baking! I however will still eat the goodies in moderation but am definitely going to keep up with my new found love of healthy food and meals!
A feel good lunch or light supper! I have really fallen in love with Quinoa and I am being inspired by so many of my fellow foodie bloggers in ways to prepare it. So watch this space if you are like me and are enjoying quinoa!
So you all will be treated to both! Maybe a little more from the sweet treats department! I can’t wait! I just Love Christmas, have done ever since I was a child at school. All the buzzing and the excitement of all the Christmas preparations around the school. I close my eyes and can see and recall these festive images!
Lovely childhood Christmas memories!
1½ tbsp olive oil
3 Spring onions sliced finely
1 fresh tomato diced
1 cup frozen broad beans
½ cup of water
Handful of pumpkin seeds
⅓ tbsp fresh lemon juice or more to taste
⅓ tsp garlic granules
½ tsp dried oregano
Salt to taste
• Boil the quinoa as per instruction on the packet. I pour in boiling water to the quinoa in a saucepan, bring to the boil and then cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes. Drain water away and set quinoa aside
• Heat up the olive oil in a large non stick frying pan. Sauté the spring onion until translucent, add the tomato and stir fry, crushing them a little. Once tomato is soft season with salt, oregano and the garlic granules
• Cook for 2 minutes for the flavours to combine. Throw in the broad beans and mix well. Wait until they turn a little golden brown and pour in the water to soften them a little. Keep on a low simmer
• Once the water is absorbed check the seasoning, add more if needed. Squeeze over some lemon juice and mix in the pre-cooked quinoa
• Combine well and scatter the pumpkin seeds and serve warm!