By now as you are getting to know me, you will be aware that I just love my EGGS!!! I’m always finding new ways to prepare and enjoy them.
Once again my dearest friend Anussha came up with this gorgeous recipe. Her food is always sooo full of flavour and delightful in substance. I’m trying to get her to join the food blogging world! She would be excellent and her cooking would inspire many, as she does me! But in the meantime I will share her ravishing recipes with you all, so you don’t miss out!
Have a super Sunday! Much love D x
3 free range eggs
3 fresh medium tomatoes
2 garlic cloves
⅓ tsp grated ginger
Fresh coriander half handful
1 small green chilli
½ tbsp low fat butter/spread
1 tbsp olive oil
⅓ tsp salt or to taste
½ tsp garam masala
• Place the 3 tomatoes in a saucepan and pour over boiling water. Parboil for 5-7 minutes until nice and soft. De-skin and put into the blender
• Add the ginger, garlic, chilli, coriander, garam masala and salt to taste and whizz the the tomatoes to combine. Blend until you have a smooth paste
• In a non stick saucepan heat up the butter and olive oil on a low heat. Once bubbling pour in the tomato base and stir. Cook for a couple of minutes
• Make 3 spaces in the sauce and then crack the eggs gently into the spaces
Cover with a lid or plate and cook on a low heat for 5-8 minutes. This depends on how well you want your eggs done
• For a rich soft yolk make sure that the white has just about set. Serve on some wholegrain buttered toast!