I’ve been seeing these potatoes on pinterest for quite a while now and have been meaning to get round to making them. Finally the opportunity arose when my husband bought a whole big bag of baking potatoes. I thought it would be a lengthy process, especially in the roasting but found that these Hasselback potatoes are even quicker to make than the jacket potato.
I know that you can also melt cheese into the potatoes but I tried to keep them healthy. However if you want to go super healthy then use olive oil instead of melted butter in the recipe!
Such a wonderful crispy sensation when you eat it and sooo very delicious! I even managed to convert my younger brother who doesn’t like baked potatoes into loving these. He ended up having 2! lol. A proper comforting meal!
4 large baking potatoes
2 tbsp melted butter
Salt to sprinkle
• Preheat oven to 210°c
• To prepare the potatoes ~ wash and scrub them, place a potato on a large metal spoon and slice from the edge, making cuts along the whole potato but at the same time making sure that you don’t slice the whole way through. The metal spoon will help avoid this problem
• Repeat above process for the rest of the baking potatoes
• Then place on an oven tray, paint the melted butter on the surface of the potato and a little into the cracks. Season with salt after buttering
• Put the potatoes into the oven and bake for 45 minutes, then remove and re apply some more melted butter
• Bake for a further 15-20 minutes until potatoes are really crispy and tender inside
•Serve with a juicy ratatouille and mature cheddar cheese. My ratatouille recipe will be up very soon!