I’m now going to be experimenting with lots of different types of bread! And this one was definitely a winner with my parents who managed to sample some. My Dad has already ordered this crispy flat loaf for me to make for him!
A bread recipe by the Silver Fox himself ~ Paul Hollywood. I adapted it to make a little less only because the way I bake, I have to have some control lol! I think I am slowly becoming a very keen baker and if I don’t bake within a few days, I have withdrawal symptoms! So no need to worry! more recipes are following soon!
The bread turned out really well with a golden bake and once again the Italian flavours mingle together oh so well. My husband and I shared it this afternoon, it was lovely and filling that we have skipped dinner as we are still very satisfied from the goodness that this bread has to offer!
250g strong white bread flour
5g instant action yeast
200ml tepid water
1tbsp olive oil plus extra for oiling & drizzling
10 cherry tomatoes in halves
125-130g/1 ball of buffalo Mozzarella
Pinch of dried oregano
• In a mixer with a dough hook or bread hook mix the flour, salt and yeast together, slowly add a little water at a time, mix on a slow speed. As the dough comes together pour in the rest of the water
• Mix for a further 5-7 minutes on a medium speed. The dough will be very wet. Add the olive oil and mix for a further 2 minutes
• Place the dough in a large oiled bowl to prove for one hour. Seal the bowl with some cling film and the dough should double in size at this stage
• Line a baking tray with some parchment or silicon paper, tip the dough out onto the tray and stretch out using a spatula. Thickness to be about 2cm
• Preheat the oven to 210°c. Push the cherry tomato halves into the dough plus tear the mozzarella and push in between the tomatoes. Sprinkle with the oregano and drizzle a little olive oil
• Leave to rest for a further 15 minutes and then bake in the oven for 15-25 minutes, until crust is nice and golden
• Delicious on its own especially when warm or with some soup! Enjoy x